12.29.2009

Santa Came!

Is it really almost 2010? Have I already lived through 3 decades? WOW! This Christmas was extra special and by far my best Christmas yet! With many more to come...

Christmas Eve we went to my parents house for dinner and to open presents. Now we usually go to the Christmas Eve service at church, but we didn't want to push our luck with Maggie, plus it was terrible weather out. We had our big traditional meal with turkey and dressing and all the works. Yaya and Pop were very good to Maggie this year! And we are so blessed to have Maggie's 2 great grandmothers here with us! She loves this spot in Honey's (my dad's mom) lap.


opening her first bikini. ready for our first beach trip now!

Maggie got lots of cute clothes, and a cute bath towel, and some toys, but most importantly she got her first lounge chair from YaYa and Pop and she loves it!

Christmas morning it was just Brian, Maggie and me at our house! We will take this picture every year going to see what Santa brought us as soon as we wake up!

Brian explaining to Maggie what Santa brought. We didn't go all out this year bc she really didn't know the difference. Now next year will be a different story! She got some stimulating toys. A big pink cell phone that lights up and plays music when you push the buttons. She loves it already! We got some building blocks, and stackable rings, and a little doll she can carry around, and some bath toys!

Posing in her new chair


Now she has discovered herself in the mirror. It is quite hilarious! I will stand her up and say, "Who's that baby in the mirror?" And her little eyes will get so big and she will stare for minutes at that little baby in the mirror. I think she likes her already.

Brian and I had a wonderful Christmas this year, with the best Christmas present we have both ever received! Our little angel. She is bringing so much joy to our lives. NO one could have explained to me how great motherhood is. I guess its something you can't truly understand until you experience it, but it takes happiness to a whole new level!


Brian and I gave ourselves a new elliptical this year!! We waited for the after Christmas sale at Sams. I have been eyeing it for weeks now. Well of course it was marked way down right after Christmas so we got it! Now time to get skinny in 2010! I think I say that every new year though. Hmmm

On a side note, I have to take a moment to brag on my cousin. My first cousin, John Gill, just signed with the Indianapolis Colts! He is #69 if you watch them. Go Colts!!

Well I went back to work this week. But it hasn't been bad at all because Brian was off and he was able to keep Maggie. I was going to start Maggie in daycare in January, but my sweet mother has offered to keep Maggie for the month of January so she can be a little older when she starts daycare. I am very very excited about this and think it will make my transition back to work much easier.

Now, I have had several requests to post this recipe.

My Mom's Homemade Hot Chocolate
2 lb. Nestle's Chocolate Nesquik
16 oz. non dairy creamer (like coffeemate)
Nonfat Dry Milk (enough to make 12 quarts)
1 lb. powdered sugar

Mix well in largest mixing bowl. Makes enough to share! Put in cute Christmas tins for cute homemade happies to share!

To make: Fill mug almost 1/2 full of mix, add boiling water and stir.


4 comments:

  1. Love the pics-especially the "baby in the mirror"! She's just precious! And I love her new chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are great... every girl needs a good bikini, and a pink cell phone is a must as well. I like the second picture in the chair and the one in the mirror!

    You are so lucky your mom is keeping Maggie in January. Maybe she will decide to keep her longer. I go back to work on Monday and want to cry thinking about it. I need some words of wisdom...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chair!! I love it! I am going to have to try this recipe soon, good idea to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blogs! I think it's great that you young moms share with each other, and love and support each other. You all have it much more "together" than my friends and I did with babies. Keep it up! Love, mom

    ReplyDelete