We had a rough patch with him, but I think we have it all sorted out now. We thought he had colic, but then figured out it was reflux. And after finding the right formula, the right nipples, and the right dose of Zantac, things are looking up hill!! He has been much better lately! He loves Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I think because when he was in the hospital and I couldn't hold him, I used to sing it to him while I rubbed his head until he fell asleep. Maggie was going through a time where she was obsessed with that song, so I guess that's why I sang it to him. Anyway, if he is fussy or crying, usually Twinkle Twinkle will calm him down! That or Days of our Lives. If he is crying and I walk in front of the TV and Days of Our Lives is on, he stops immediately to watch his soaps. It's hilarious! Brian cannot believe I'm already teaching him to watch that junk!!
His surgery is fast approaching. He goes for a heart catheterization on April 18th, and then they will schedule the surgery after that. We are thinking early May. We are so ready to get it over with, and feel confident that his health is optimal right now for the next surgery.

Now this little girl is getting too big!! She looks and acts like she is 5 yrs old to me and I can't take it!! She is going to "school" at First Baptist 3 times a week and loves it! Her favorite thing is playground time. Although, she did come home singing Jesus Loves Me last week and I was one proud mamma! She loves her little brother to pieces, and wants to be everywhere he is. She calls him, "my friend, baby brother Miller." She also calls Brian and Me, "my friend, Dada" and "my friend, Mamma." ha! She says the funniest things these days. She is getting quite the priss attitude too! She rolled her eyes the other day and Brian said, "Oh Lord, I can't handle two Kimberly's!" Just the other night, she kept trying to get a snack out of of the snack drawer around suppertime and I kept saying no. Finally, I got real stern and said "Maggie, Mommy says NO!!" And she looked up at me and said, "Well, Maggie says YES!!" I about FELL OUT! Goodness we are going to have our hands full! On a positive note, she has been the absolute best we could possibly ask for with all of the things going on with Miller. I thank God everyday for her kind spirit and good attitude. She is the perfect big sister for Miller.
She likes to wear my sunglasses and drive my Tahoe.
She helped herself to some veggie straws and this was the evidence in my living room!
She is always eager to go on a Target run with me JUST so she can get some pockcorn!
This is our one and only family photo! It was taken on my 30th bday at my parents house!
I have searched for something meaningful to go over Miller's crib since he was born. I looked and looked while I was pregnant and never found anything I liked. I just decided I wanted to have Jeremiah 29:11 over him, which has always been one of my favorite verses. It offers so much hope and security. I have shed many a tears rocking Miller in his room at night, while the house is quite and everyone else is sleeping. Now, I look up at this every night and am reminded of God's promise to us. I think it's perfect. Not too bad for a cheap TJ Maxx mirror and some chalk board paint!












They are both so adorable & I love the mirror/board!!
ReplyDeleteHe's gotten so big since I saw him last! And Maggie...goodness she's grown! Her hair looks JUST like yours except it's dark. "Two Kimberlys"...hilarious!!
ReplyDeleteLove the chalkboard!!
Miller is getting so big!! Wow!! And Mags is too sassy! I LOVE it!! Love, love the family pic.
ReplyDelete