3.17.2012

Products and Recipes

I loved Jill's blog about bathroom products, and I am definitely going to do mine one day! But that would take forever bc I have so many!! Today, I just got back from my weekly Walmart and Sams run and I thought it would be fun to share with you some of our favorite food products! Keep in mind we are doing no sugar at my house so these will be healthy choices!

Veggie Straws- from Sams. Maggie's favorite snack. No preservatives. It's spinach, tomato & sweet potato flavored. They are so good!
Already peeled garlic! Who knew? I discovered these at Walmart about 6 months ago. I absolutely hate peeling garlic but I will not use the minced kind in a jar. Fresh garlic is just too good for you! These have been a lifesaver! I put garlic in everything now! They are only like $2.
Turkey pepperoni. These are very low in fat and only have 70 calories for 17 of them! I snack on them if I'm feeling munchy. I take my time eating them one by one like potato chips. They are 0 carbs, 0 sugars! And 17 of them will totally fill you up!
I'm an eggs and bacon girl for sure. And lucky for my no sugar diet, eggs and bacon are acceptable. However, I cringe at the thought of eating bacon everyday with nitrates and preservatives in it. Even turkey bacon has nitrates. Well, I just discovered this at Walmart. It's part of Oscar Meyer's new select line, and you have to make sure its uncured bacon. This has no nitrates or preservatives.  Its more expensive, but actually taste like bacon should taste! I highly recommend it.
Now same goes with hot dogs. I try not to let Maggie eat hot dogs with nitrates or preservatives. But these turkey dogs have no nitrates and taste excellent. She loves them!
Squeeze packs, as we call them. They are simply organic baby food. We take these everywhere with us as healthy snacks for Maggie. She loves them. This one is apricot and sweet potato. Its a quick way for her to get in a veggie and fruit for the day!
Minute brown and wild rice. 0 sugar. Warm in microwave for 60 seconds. And voila...a healthy side dish. These are really good. Maggie eats them too.
Our favorite...salmon. I could go on and on about the benefits of salmon. However, most grocery stores only carry farm raised and there is a BIG difference between farm raised and wild caught. Sams has these Alaskan Salmon Fillets in the freezer section and they are 100% natural and wild caught. They are delicious!

I have been eating a lot of eggs lately. When I do high protein diets, I tend to eat a lot of eggs. But I have to change up the way I cook them everyday to keep me interested. This is my new favorite way to make eggs. You will never make an omelette again!

Baked Eggs
Spray small ramekin with Pam. I use a ramekin the size of an omelette. Crack your eggs directly into ramekin. Do not scramble or stir. Salt and Pepper eggs. Then place whatever goodies you like in an omelette on top. Bake at 375 for 12-14 min. This one has crumbled bacon, green onions, sauteed spinach, and grated parmesan cheese. How yummy does that look?!
We also make mexican ones with a little chili powder and cumin and then top it with salsa before cooking. Also, we have used leftover asparagus from dinner the night before, or red bell pepper, sausage, diced ham, the possibilities are endless! Make them...you won't be sorry.



Also, I started AdvoCare's 24 day challenge to lose weight yesterday! I feel fabulous and already have more energy! I will keep you updated on my progress!

4 comments:

  1. Good info!! I did not know about the wild salmon at Sam's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero! I've been researching and working really hard to come up with tasty, organic, anti-clog artery foods and I'm so glad you're sharing your info. Can't wait to try some baked
    eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! thanks for sharing! I want to try that bacon and those hot dogs! I'm super freaked out about food lately after watching food, inc!! by the way your babies are just precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what kind of food I would buy the twins! Super easy and not too expensive.

    Hope Miller and Maggie (and Mommy) are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete