10.01.2009

Spoiled!

I went to the doctor this morning, and everything is looking good. Still on track for an Oct. 28th due date as of today! We will see if she surprises us early!! I kind of hope she does, just about a week or so. Not too early though! My iron was really low today though. So I have to take iron supplements, which are absolutely terrible! They smell bad, taste nasty, and make me sick to my stomach. I sold iron for 2.5 years with my previous company, so I know the benefits of taking it though so I will just have to push through the nastiness of the dreaded iron pill. Brian couldn't go with me today to my apt, but when I was checking out, he showed up and told me he was taking me out to lunch. Then...after lunch he dropped me off at Tranquility Spa for a one hour prenatal massage!! He is such a sweetie!! Totally surprised me and I felt like I had died and gone to heaven. It was the best massage I have ever gotten, and for those who know me...I am a massage snob. I LOVE them! She hit every pressure point! When I walked out of there, I could have sworn I had hip replacement surgery because my hips and lower back are not hurting at all anymore! Woo hoo!

Changing the subject...I forgot to mention in my last blog about our wreck last weekend. We got side swiped coming home from church on Sunday. Some dude just decided to swerve right into our lane and scraped down the entire side of my new car! Luckily, his insurance is paying for it and they were very quick about getting my car in the shop. So I am pimping my rental car right now...the Hyundai Elantra...puke green color. OH yeah!! Don't be jealous! Anyways...my car should be ready this weekend and I am ready to get it back and get that car seat all hooked up and ready to go!

I am just in the best mood today! Not sure if it was the massage, or my sweet husband, or this fall weather, or the fact that this is Maggie's birthday month! Gosh I love this fall weather though! That's why I got married in October and am so glad we are having a baby in October. This weather will make the perfect bday parties for Maggie! And the fall colors... and fall fashions. I went shopping with my mom the other day. What I would do to be able to wear normal clothes! The greens, purples, yellows, and oranges this fall are so pretty!! Enjoy them all you skinny people!!

The nesting has set in big time! This past week I cleaned and organized all closets, cleaned out the refrigerator and freezer, washed all windows inside and out, and am now in the process of completing planting fall flowers in all my planters. WHEW! So glad to be myself again and have my energy back!!


2 comments:

  1. It hit me it's just 3 1/2 weeks now.... woo, hoo!! We can't wait!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the blog!!! You really should take a picture of your cool car!

    I can feel you on wanting to wear normal clothes. I couldn't wait to wear maternity clothes and then I decided I had lost my mind because they are ugly. It's bad enough being fat and white (no tan), but adding stretch pants up to your boobs does not help. The weight will come off and you will feel great.

    I need your hubs to call mine about this massage thing!!

    ReplyDelete