12.11.2009

Christmas Miracles and Guilty Pleasures

Everyday I think to myself, "I need to blog today. This would be fun to blog about." and then the hours pass like seconds and Brian is home from work, and I'm cooking dinner, then feeding Maggie, then rocking her to bed, then going to bed myself. You get the drift...I'm sure most of you have days like this. ANYWAY...I have managed to learn how to fit daily showers into my routine, but not yet daily or even weekly blogging. I will get there though!!

Oh my goodness Maggie is changing so much everyday. She has a million little smiles now that melt my heart. Her favorite time to smile is right in the morning, right after she wakes up and has a good breakfast. She is so alert and in the best little mood. I love my new camera because it is fast enough to capture all of her little faces.

Maggie has learned that she has hands. She swats at things, and when she is mad she likes to beat my head or shoulders with her hands. But the one thing she has really picked up on is that if she puts her hands behind her paci when it is in her mouth, it won't fall out. It's a Christmas miracle!!!!! If I could invent a paci that would never fall out, I think I would be a bizillonaire!







We go for shots on Tuesday and I am super pumped! I can't believe she is already 8 weeks today. Does their whole life fly by this fast? OH NOOOOOO....someone slow it down. It seems like yesterday we were in the hospital meeting for the first time! I have enjoyed every second of being home with her. I wish this full time job was a well paid one, but unfortunately it is not!! So I will be returning to work the week after Christmas. I am very nervous, mostly for myself. I know Maggie will do great at daycare!

I have a confession...I have a new guilty pleasure. THE TWILIGHT SERIES. OMG! The best books ever! I am currently almost done with Eclipse, the 3rd one. Once you start reading, it hypnotizes you. I CANNOT put the book down. Its such a passionate love story. I am team EDWARD all the way!!! Seriously, I thought these books were for teens, so don't knock it til you've tried it! I was way wrong! Now I just have to find time to go see New Moon. I can't wait!!

FLASHBACK FRIDAY
I love hearing everyones old stories and memories growing up, so here's mine.
1- Pancake breakfast morning at the YMCA in Laurel, then going to the Xmas parade downtown. SO FUN! I want to take Maggie to this parade next year.
2- Santa Clause coming to visit on Christmas Eve when I was little. We would hear bells, and then loud noises on our roof, and then Santa would be at the front door. I am pretty sure it was our neighbor down the street, and my Dad talked him into doing this, but it was SOOOO fun as a little kid thinking Santa really did pay you a special visit.
3- Unwrapping Christmas Presents on Christmas Eve right after our whole family goes to the Christmas Eve service together. It starts out every year with, "OK girls, you can open one present under the tree since it is Christmas Eve,"....and then hours later all the presents are opened! This still happens every year.
4- My moms homemade hot chocolate...she has been making it every year for as long as I can remember, and it is the best hot chocolate this side of the North Pole!
5- Going to my Grandma's house in Gulfport. I have 12 cousins, so 13 of us with 4 sets of parents, and grandparents can get pretty eventful. My grandmother had an oversized laundry shoot coming from her upstairs hallway and emptied downstairs by the living room. Well all of the cousins would get a box full of tennis balls, probably 50-100 and dump them at one time down the laundry shoot and they would knock the door open and spill out into the living room. Then we would run downstairs and collect them, see if we hit anything or anyone, and do this over and over again all day!!

Who loves Christmas cards as much as I do?! I love checking the mail everyday and getting a new Christmas card! Sending mine out this week!! Merry Christmas ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. The pictures are great! I love getting Christmas cards too. I don't like stuffing, stamping, sealing, and addressing them though! I think I am about to go check the mail myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I already told you this, but I love the pics of Maggie! She's precious! So glad I got to hold her today. I love getting Christmas cards, too!
    PS- I want to come throw tennis balls down the laundry shoot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful memories!! I love the pictures of Maggie! I love getting Christmas cards too! Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete