12.02.2009

Date Nite, Check Up & Decorations

GO see the Blind Side! Brian and I had our first date night since Maggie was born. My parents kept Maggie and we went to eat and to see The Blind Side. SO GOOD!! Sandra Bullock is incredible in this movie, and it makes you want to go out and do good for someone else. I love an inspiring and uplifting movie. They don't make many these days!! And Tim McGraw is still such a cutie! But my goodness I was so ready to give Maggie a big kiss when we got out of that movie. I was gone 4 hours, the longest I have been gone from her! Taking baby steps:)

I had my 6 week check up this week. I got the OK for exercise so I am excited about that. Too bad it is too cold outside now to walk with Maggie. They also strongly encouraged me to get the swine flu vaccine. I asked a million questions, but took the doctors orders and got it. Please pray I don't grow two heads now!! I can't believe its already been 6 weeks, well actually 7 this Friday. Where does the time go?!?!

My Christmas decorations are finally up! I love Christmas time more than anything! Brian had black Friday off of work, so he helped me get everything up. Maggie loves the lights on the tree! And I cannot wait to get everyone's Xmas cards! I ordered mine yesterday!! Mom, tell Pop he is the one and only present under the tree!!



Maggie is getting so big! She doesn't look like a newborn anymore! She is finally smiling now!!! Especially when I talk goo goo gaa gaa talk and make funny faces. She loves it! She is always bright eyed first thing in the morning and loves to just look around and smile at everything. A few things she loves...lights, light fixtures, watching me get ice from the refrigerator, dark objects, and anything that plays music. She also likes my singing...ha...only person in the world that would. I have made up words to every nursery rhyme tune there is, bc I don't know the words to any of them!! She has a Dave Matthews lullaby CD that her Uncle Dean gave her and she loves it!! We are proud she already has good taste in music:)

She does have a very fussy period from about 8-10 at night, and a very sensitive tummy too, so I have to be extra careful about what I eat. I have eliminated ALL foods that could cause gas in newborns. CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, caffeine, all dairy products, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, and broccoli. This is terrible and extremely hard for me!! I WANT COFFEE!! and no chocolate during Christmas...hmmm...I doubt that will last. Wish me luck on this diet!






2 comments:

  1. I loved loved loved the Blind Side too!!!! I could have watched it several more times. The Christmas decor looks good and I love the Maggie pictures. I will send her an Ole Miss outfit though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs, I love Maggie, and I love you!!!
    Life is good... and God is great!
    mom

    ReplyDelete