5.25.2010

Prayers Needed

Today we went to the doctor with our 6th double ear infection in the last 3 months. We are right on target about every 15 days for one. Today the doctor recommended we see an ENT for a consult about tubes. Of course the ENT cannot see Maggie for 2 more weeks, so we will patiently wait. But I am pretty sure they will recommend tubes. She cannot seem to shake these ear infections. Poor little thing has been so sweet these past few months though, even with fever and some serious teething going on as well. I am just ready to get her feeling better...with NO infections!! Please pray for us! For any of you mommies who have been through the tube thing, I need an encouraging word. I am SCARED and NERVOUS for Maggie and myself!

3 comments:

  1. I promise tubes are WONDERFUL. Alec got them a few months ago and has been a different child ever since. He had been waking up two and three times a night and has not gotten up one time since they were put in. He has had one ear infection since he got his tubes but it was very minor and was because one of his tubes had gotten stopped up. The surgery isn’t bad at all. He was very scared afterwards, but calmed down quickly and was back to normal that afternoon. They don’t even have to get an IV to have the surgery! I wish the doctor had recommended them to us when Alec was Maggie’s age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenadie got them at 10 months, and I too, was a nervous wreck. From the time she left my arms to go back, she was only gone a total of 15 minutes, and then she was back in my arms. I'm pretty sure they tell you they can have a bottle as soon as they get back to you, so that pretty much calmed her immediately. That was over a year and a half ago, and we have only had one infection since. The afternoon of the procedure, Kenadie and I were out shopping for shoes :) She was back to herself in no time. I will be praying for sweet little Maggie--keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe!!! Poor little thing!!!
    As everyone else said, tubes have been great! The procedure was great and super fast!! Caroline was back to herself by that afternoon! It's been a year and we too have only had one infection! I think I blogged about it last April. We will be praying for your sweet baby!!

    ReplyDelete