Now I'm no cosmetologist, but even I know, this right here is a HOT MESS!!!

This is my hair after a good shampoo and conditioner at the salon BEFORE they combed it. It is full of tangles and curls, the story of my life. My friend Brittany, who works at the Aveda Salon thought I would be a good candidate for the Keratin Treatment. It's the one that takes out 75% of your curl and 50% of your frizz. Hmmmm, no idea why she thought I needed it? I don't see any frizz...HA
So I was asked to be their "model" in one of their classes on learning how to do these treatments. After 1 hour of being pampered very heavily, here is the final product!!


I will be getting this done regularly!! It is called the Keratin Express, and runs about $75 for those of you with curly or frizzy hair. I can still wear my hair curly, its just not as frizzy now. It last about 6 weeks.
Ok, some more product reviews. Brittany, who I consider the "hair expert", also told me to get a Hot Tools blow dryer. I found this bad boy at TJ MAXX for $29.99 and its a lot more expensive than that online. I have had a Chi and lots more expensive blow dryers, but this one is absolutely the BEST one I have ever used! It used to take 25 min to dry my hair. Now it takes 7!!! OH, and did I mention they come in pink?!


And finally, a strengthening treatment. Chi Keratin Mist. I have only used it for a week now and I can already tell a HUGE difference!!


Now these are only 2 of my favorite products in my bathroom. LUCKILY, I spared you of the other 98. That's a whole different blog!!
And speaking of hair...how in the world do I keep a bow in Maggie's hair?!!! I can see this is going to be on ongoing battle til she is 8.
I NEED a new dryer and I keep looking at those in TJ, I will be making a new purchase! Thanks for all the info I love these kinds of blogs! Once you find out how to keep bow in Mags hair let me know, I am clueless with bows...totally.
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain on the frizzy hair. Sounds like a good investment. I wonder if it would work in the summer humidity? I can never wear my hair strait in the summer! Loved this post, thank you! And we have the same problem with the bows... and I cannot stand seeing her squint through the hair in her eyes!
ReplyDeleteOk...you know how crazy my hair is so I think I need the keratin thingy. Wonder if I can do that preggers??
ReplyDeleteOk, so thanks SO much for the dryer "spotlight"! Will definitely be getting one. I am always trying to find that perfect dryer that will dry my hair fast. As for keeping a bow in Maggie's hair... as soon as I could get a ponytail holder in Kenadie's hair, that solved all of our troubles. You may already be doing that... I know Maggie has more hair than Kenadie did when I could get hers in a ponytail holder.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you bought the Chi Keratin treatment! I've been wanting to try it. Thanks for the review. See you tonight!
ReplyDeletePlease remember that I am still the President of the bad hair club. I wear my hair in a pony-tail about 360 days a year!!!!! Your hair looks great... and bows, I am no help.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you posted about this! Step Mayfield and I were talking about a Keratin Treatment Sunday! I'll send her to you for happy customer! Sounds like a great thing! Keep the beauty tips coming! I need help!!!
ReplyDeleteGee there were a lot of spelling errors in that comment...sorry:)
ReplyDelete