This past Saturday, Brian and I celebrated 5 years of marriage! I know this blog is mostly about the kids, so I thought it was time ya'll get to know the man of my dreams a little better!!
Most of you probably don't know this, but Brian and I dated 6 months before we were engaged. Yes, 6 months. When you know, you know, right??!!! We started dating in September of 2006, engaged in April of 2007, and married in October of 2007. Fast track huh?!!
We both went to State but didn't know each other there. Then we both moved to Memphis after graduating college. We met each other because his best friend was dating my sister! We also worked for the same company in Memphis, Wells Fargo, but in separate offices, so we became friends that way.
The night my sister and his best friend got engaged, he called me to go have dinner and celebrate, and well...it was all history after that!
Brian is an amazing man. He is a man of honor, integrity, and loyalty. His Bible is nearly always sitting on his nightstand because he has either read it before going to bed or plans on reading it first thing when he wakes up. I have always admired that about him! He strives to be the best husband and father that he can possibly be. He is your average all American good good guy, and I am blessed and lucky to call him mine!
Now on to the funny stuff about him. He likes fast cars and 90's rock n roll. Yes, I think his dream car is whatever year camero with racing stripes down the center. He likes flashy colors so I could see him getting bright orange or neon yellow. I will NEVER understand his love for fast cars. He also loves motorcycles. He has his motorcycle license, and currently doesn't own one because his wife won't let him. :) His love for sweets and oatmeal cookies isn't far behind his love for cars. He is either watching sports center or ESPN, and whatever game is on each night is always "THE BIGGEST GAME" of the season. He watches football, basketball, and golf mostly. He LOVES golf and has been playing quite a bit lately, thanks to my Dad who has picked back up the sport recently. He is the worlds heaviest sleeper. His snooze button probably goes off on average 10 times each morning. When we first got married, I would keep a squirt bottle of water beside my bed. On the 10th time he would hit his snooze button, a fresh little spritz of water in the face would usually do the trick to get him out of bed!! I have never met anyone who sleeps as hard as he does. He is a gadgets guy. Loves electronics, speakers, etc. etc. All of which I have absolutely no interest in. He also loves to run. He is one of those that can not run for a few months and then decide to run 7 miles one morning and is able to. Makes me SO jealous of that mental ability! He is always looking at the positive side of things, and rarely makes a negative comment about anyone or anything. He loves to start new projects. In fact, he starts so many at a time that sometimes he forgets to finish the one he is working on before he starts another. :)
This was our engagement night, on top of the Madison hotel rooftop in downtown Memphis. I thought I was going to a work function with my sister, and when I walked out on the roof, there he was. These pictures make me smile ear to ear. My ring was in the CD case. I had a dream months back that I got in his car and found an engagement ring in his CD case. I told him about it the next day and never thought anything about it again. This night, he told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life making all my dreams come true, and this was just the first of many. He then told me to open his CD case. And got down on his knee and proposed! It was very romantic!!
Now these are just a few of my favorite pictures! If you were to ask Brian what his dream job is, he would tell you the lead singer of a rock band. How funny is that for those of you who know my clean gene, suit wearing husband!
Notice these pics were pre kids. Our eyes look so well rested and full of energy! I wouldn't trade these past 5 years for anything! We are truly blessed beyond our wildest dreams!
10.22.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









What a sweet blog!!!! Y'all look like kids in those pictures!!
ReplyDeleteAw I loved this post! You are a blessed woman with a man like that. It's a little freaky how similar he & Nick are on so many things!
ReplyDeleteAwww, love you guys!! Congrats on 5 yrs, two kids later!! You still look rested and fabulous!:)
ReplyDeleteLove this! Happy anniversary!!
ReplyDeleteSo much I didn't know! So sweet! Hope you guys have a great anniversary!
ReplyDelete