11.08.2012

11 Months Old

I am home today with my favorite little man, who turns 11 months old today! I'm busy planning his first birthday, which we plan to make a big celebration out of it! We are full of gratitude for our little guy, and for the amazing journey we have been on. I have grown as a wife, mother, and faithful follower of Jesus Christ more this year than any other year in my life. God always uses these storms for something way beyond our comprehension, and I'm just starting to see a glimpse of what is in store for us and our family! And it is AMAZING! I have truly learned to give all worries to him, and trust him above all else. I can't say I've always done that my whole life, because I have the personality of being the "do it myself" kind of girl. Well...I'm not anymore. Because truth be told, I couldn't do any of this without HIM!

Miller may have half a heart, but I can assure you, he has twice the JOY. He is the happiest little thing. He smiles all day long and is a total BLESSING to our family. I have been rather emotional lately. As the holiday season approaches, I can't help but remember last year, the emotions, the smell of the hospital, the longing to spend time with Maggie, the sleepless nights, etc etc. When I tell you we CANNOT.WAIT until this Christmas, that would be a huge understatement. Not to give Miller extra gifts, or decorate the Christmas tree fancy, but to celebrate the birth of our LORD from the safety and comfort of our own home, making precious memories with our precious children.

*on a side note, flu season has started in full force. several friends have already had it. please say a special prayer for Miller that he remains well and healthy this season. the thought of another hospital stay is just too frightening. and if you come visit, don't be surprised if I make you bathe in hand sanitizer. thanks:)*

Election Night, George Washington showed up!

This is my view all day every day. "Mom, I'm down here. Pick me up. Pick me up pleeeeeease."


As soon as he wakes up, this is where he goes. Boy wakes up starvin like marvin, just like his Daddy!

He has learned to brush his teeth and it might be his new favorite past time!!

Pumpkin Patch 2012, he was all smiles while watching his sister do everything!

We have nicknamed him "Miller the Destroyer." Just lately, he has torn up several sets of blinds, shredded all my old Southern Living magazines, dismembered my Roomba, got a pencil stuck in the electrical outlet, ate a bar of soap, the list could go on!!

A recent doctor check up. He was all smiles until he got the flu shot!

He LOVES this kitchen. He cooks me up some good snacks all the time!

Man, this guy totally melts my heart. My heart is overflowing with gratitude, joy, faith, and love.


A few facts about him...
He wears a size 4 diaper.
He wears 18mo-2t clothes.
He has 4 teeth.
He weighs 24 lbs.
He doesn't like to sleep. AT ALL. He doesn't nap much or sleep through the night.
He is a Nosy Rosy. He will about break his neck to see what someone else is doing. He can't stand to miss a thing!!
He doesn't like his bottles much anymore. He wants real food! He is a good eater. Obviously;)
He can say mama, dada, ball, more, bye bye, and dog. I swear the other day he said Maggie too! He looked right at her and said it.
He is pulling up on anything and everything. He crawls around the house in lightening speed.
He always has his fist clenched bc usually there is something in there he is saving. A piece of cheese or cracker, a bug, a wad of dog hair, a wad of Maggie's hair, a piece of carpet, a bar of soap, a Barbie shoe that he is going to choke on later, you name it! He is a MESS.

Recently I have caught him playing in the toilet several times, or unrolling the whole roll of toilet paper then proceeding to eat it. He is obsessed with wires and electrical outlets. Or pulls on cabinet drawers. Or books that he can rip the pages out. He is going to give me a run for my money and I wouldn't have it any other way! So thankful he enjoys life so much!!

5 comments:

  1. I was smiling the whole time I read this:) I could say so much more, but God is amazing, Miller (& Maggie) are the cutest things I have ever seen, & you & Brian are such inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post and the picture of him pulling the blinds down is awesome! His head tilted all, "What? Did I do that?" God is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious post about a precious little boy! I cannot believe he will soon be 1! Feels like just the other day I ran in to you in WM just before he was born. Time flies :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teeth brushing and the blinds pictures were my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is HILARIOUS!!! Girl, I love it!! Miller is a handful!! Boys!! So thankful for him. I promise to wash up and sanitize before any visits. I remember the smell of the hospital too, and I don't like it one bit!!

    ReplyDelete