Yes- I realize I haven't posted since CHRISTMAS. Tragedy...right?
Today Brian and I went to the Bradberry's Blood Drive in Hattiesburg to donate blood. If you remember, about 8 months ago I posted about a little boy in Hattiesburg who also had the same condition Miller had. He passed away after his second surgery. The mom is pregnant again...with twins...and one of the twins has the same heart defect. While these babies are in the hospital having surgeries, they get numerous blood transfusions. I know Miller had at least 2, but it was probably more. I felt compelled to go donate blood today and meet this sweet family. After 5 minutes, we knew everything about them. Their son was perfectly healthy, just like Miller was. He went in for his second surgery. He did great through the surgery, and then a few days afterwards, coded one night. They got a call from the doctors in the ICU saying their son had been brought back to life, but all of his organs were now failing. He lived on life support for one month until the doctors decided even if they found a heart for him, he wouldn't be strong enough for any type of surgery. So they took him off life support.
This mom and dad were full of smiles today. I felt joy in their presence. They talked about the 6 months they had with their son, and the full life that he lived. They talked about a beach trip, a trip to the coast, and his bubbly perfect personality. I cannot even imagine what they are going through. They have a very strong faith, which I'm sure is the only thing keeping them together. That, and their 5 year old daughter. I cannot even imagine what it would be like to go through all that, and then be pregnant again with a son who has the exact same thing. And knowing about the surgeries, the risks, the statistics.
This is weighing very heavy on my heart tonight. I write all of this for 2 reasons.
#1- PLEASE pray for their unborn baby and this family.
#2- LIVE each day to the fullest. Please!! This family's world was turned upside down while they were peacefully sleeping one night. It could have been me. It could have been Miller. I still don't understand some days why Miller is so healthy and perfect. But I choose to live with so much thanks in my heart that it is overwhelming on most days.
Sorry for such a heavy post. I guess I feel for this family more than most people would.
Pics of the kiddos coming up next!
3.07.2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow. My heart is so heavy. I will certainly pray for this family and this post is such a reminder to put your faith in Him... find fulfillment and give thanks to Him... in all we do and all we have.
ReplyDeleteI am just reading this, and with tears, I count the blessings our Lord has given our family. Miller, at such a young age, is an inspiration to all of us. And so are you and Brian. My prayers will stay with the sweet Bradberry baby and his family.
ReplyDelete