7.11.2009

Irrational/Emotional Thoughts of a Crazy Pregnant Woman

The outside of our house needs to be repainted. No...it just needs to be pressure washed and bleached really good. It is just too dirty to bring a baby home to. (Brian is washing it as I am typing this).

We need to hire a landscaper. I don't have the energy and Brian doesn't have the time right now. We need to replace some old bushes, and plant some pretty flowers, and lay pine straw down in our beds, and get the weeds out!!

We need to replace our carpet in our house. It's just too dirty to bring Maggie home to. Or better yet...we can just get it steam cleaned several times before she arrives.

We need to hurry and paint the nursery. We need to do it this weekend. It needs to have plenty of time to air out the toxins before she arrives.

We need new furniture. Furniture that is baby friendly, with no sharp corners, and dark enough to not show stains!

We need to get the bug man to spray...there can't be any spiders in little Maggie's room!

OK...SERIOUSLY!!!! Someone tell me to breathe!! Are these normal thoughts. I feel crazy!! I had heard that starting your third trimester pregnant women had a severe need to get the house in order and everything done before the baby arrives. But this...my irrational thoughts...this is annoying me so I am sure it is annoying Brian!! These thoughts are totally ridiculous. My house is only 5 yrs old and I am acting like it is 100!!! But I want everything to be absolutely perfect when she arrives. And I know all this stuff we are doing around the house...well we will be so glad we did it! The outside of our house already looks like we just repainted it. It is spotless now!! Now, if I can only convince Brian we definitely need to plant some hydrangeas. :)


4 comments:

  1. Lord, you have a serious case of "nesting"! Poor, poor Brian. I think everyone goes through "crazy pregnant lady" stages. I know I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it makes you feel better I started nesting before I even found out I was pregnant! Now that's bad! All closets had to be cleaned out and organzied, carpet pulled out and hardwood installed, new tile in kitchen, grout professionally cleaned in bathrooms, walls, baseboards, ceiling fans all scrubbed and we even bought new furniture. The nursery was finished when I was 32 weeks pregnant. So, no, you're thoughts aren't crazy, just normal! Hang in there! After Maggie gets here you won't feel this need any longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing you "need" to do is take care of yourself and your hubby! =) Seriously, a little dust and dirt builds up the baby's immunity. Do the books tell you that??
    Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. The books...hahaha my parents love to ask "don't those books tell you that!"

    ReplyDelete