7.22.2009

The Ritz Carlton

So our Labor and Delivery class went great! They showed no videos...thank goodness!! But gave us lots of information and a nice tour of the hospital. Brian learned way more than he wanted to I am sure. I did too...there are some things I would just rather not know until they happen or don't happen. The class was given by a labor and delivery nurse that had been at Forrest General for 15 years. She went over the steps and procedure we will take if I go into labor, water breaks, etc. She also went over the procedure when I check into the hospital of everything I will go through. Then she told us the reasons I would have to get a C-section, and every possible thing that could go wrong with either kind of delivery. That's what I wish she would have left out of the presentation...I know its good to be prepared but I would rather not know every little thing that could go wrong. As if a girl isn't worried enough...now I have more things to worry about. She told me what all to pack in my hospital bag...so I am already starting to round up those items! You know me...PREPARED!! However, my favorite part of the whole night was the family birthplace tour. That's what they are calling the new labor and delivery area. I can't wait to stay there. Everyone was SO nice. We met all of the labor and delivery nurses, saw the 2 different rooms I will be in, the nurseries, etc. It all seemed like a Ritz Carlton compared to other hospitals I have been in so I am excited!! And we loved the girl who did the class...she said we could request her to be our nurse if she is working the day we deliver Maggie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment