The belly is officially HUGE!! I promise I wake up every morning and its a little bigger. AGH! When will it stop?!! Weight Watchers here I come after Maggie gets here! This is a pic from the Arts Gala put on by the music dept at USM last Thursday night. We went last year and it's always a good time. Unfortunately...it was cocktail attire so I didn't have a whole lot of options of things to wear but I found this dress at Expectations on sale! Can you tell I have a 5 lb. baby in there?!!

We spent another weekend low key and relaxing. Ever since the swine flu, I just haven't gotten my energy back so I spent most all day Saturday sleeping. I went back to work this past week and I think I was just really tired from that. Sunday, I washed all of Maggie's clothes. Then we bought some baskets and organized her toys, books, passies, rattles, etc. The nursery is almost done and ready for pics. I am waiting on our glider to come in. Should be next week. I only ordered it 8 weeks ago...UGH! I am not very patient but it should be here by now!!
Some recent questions I have...maybe some of you mammas can help me!
1- Diaper Bag- I don't have one and can't find one I like. Is there any certain brand that is supposed to be really good? If you LOVE your bag...let me know!
2- Shoes- Am I supposed to have shoes for Maggie in the first few months. I have lots of socks, but I don't have one pair of shoes. Will she need some?
3- Bassinet vs. Moses Basket- Trying to decide between these two options for the first few weeks/months. The Moses basket takes up less space and is easy to travel with. But the bassinet seems safer. Any thoughts?
So much to do and so little time! I want to be overly prepared but I just don't see it happening. I haven't had the energy to get out and shop for things. I ordered a Bumbo online today and I am excited about that though! And my bags are packed for the hospital for me...but not for Maggie? What do I need to bring for her?!!
I loved my diaper bag-it was a Kalencom. I got mine from the store by Head of Heels (can't remember the name of it. But I think Expectations carries them. You can probably find them online. There very roomy and can be cleaned easily.
ReplyDeleteI was always told to NOT put shoes on an infant. They're of absolutely no use, since she can't walk. I know they probably look cute, but it's a waste of money seeing as how fast they grow. I would get some little booties instead of shoes. At least they can stretch and aren't expensive.
I think a bassinet is safer. Joellen has one and I'm pretty sure she likes it. I think it has a little more growing room than a Moses basket.
Pack Maggie a couple of outfits and pacifiers (if you're going to use them). The hospital should have everything else.
Let me know if I need to feed Sadie :)
I loved my Coach baby bag because now I use it as a tote also I like baby feet without shoes, they don't serve a purpose I say let her feet spread out until she starts walking. Although....I haven't had a girl and maybe that's a fun part, just keep her comfy. Your dress looked great!!
ReplyDeleteHey Kimberly, it's Lindsey Zumwalt. I've never commented on your blog, but wanted to :) We also had the Kalencom diaper bag and loved it. Lots of cute prints, easy to clean and big enough to carry ALL your stuff. I went the cradle route. Mine is green frog art. They're really pretty. You can put tiny stoppers on the cradle so that it doesn't rock or tip over. As for shoes, we didn't wear shoes either for the most part. It seems when they're so little, shoes take away. As Kenadie got a little bigger I started off with the Robeez. They make some really cute shoes that are sweet. On Sundays for church I just put her in simple,pretty socks with no shoes. You look great! Good luck with the last few weeks of your pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteI remember trying to find cocktail dresses. I always wanted to put a bag over my head!!!
ReplyDeleteDiaper bag... I got 7! I personally like the cotton/cloth ones. Get a pretty good sized one so you can fit diapers, wipes, burp clothes, bottles, bibs etc in there.
Shoes... Ford was born in May. He has only worn shoes twice!!! I personally like socks. He may get a pair this winter.
Bassinet... I borrowed one and THANK GOODNESS I DID!! He hated it! He stayed in it 20 minutes and has slept in his bed since the second night home.