We got our first big girl bath today! We decided to forego the sponge bath this morning and take a dip in the whale! She loved it!! She was so content and didn't make a peep but to splash her hands in the water! Gosh I fall in love more each day! Daddy was sad he had to miss this but with our new phones I take lots of pictures and send them to him everyday!
I am reading "What to Expect the First Year," and am excited about all the upcoming events during her second month of life. She should be able to smile at me soon, and roll over, and follow my voice from side to side. She does something new everyday, and it just melts my heart. But the one thing I CANNOT wait for is her to smile at me. Not a smile when she is sleeping, but a real deal smile at her mamma!!! I will let you know asap when that happens, as I always have my camera handy now to capture these moments!!
If I can offer you any advice-don't follow that book too closely. I had to quit reading it because Jackson didn't do stuff like it said he would and it would drive me crazy. It just added stress for me. Just remember that not everyone follows the book :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with Heather. I read the first bit of the book and then quit. Ford was/is doing stuff at his own pace. He can crawl and pull up but he can't sit up well. Makes no sense!! You will LOVE when Meaggie can smile at you. Being a mother is wonderful. There is nothing like it. I am in awe everyday that I get to hang out with my little man.
ReplyDeleteShe is just a doll. Glad you are capturing all these "firsts" with your camera. I had a calendar that I recorded all milestones on. That way, if it wasn't quite picture worthy--which most things are :), you still have a record of it. For the longest, I tried to come up with just something to put on my calendar, so that each day had something of interest. It's fun to look back on. Not to mention, I also scrapbook...so I keep Kenadie pretty well documented :)
ReplyDeleteI am ready to come hold my wittle girl again. She is really waking up its seems like!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe that she is a month old and I haven't even held her yet! I am about to die. She is so beautiful. Enjoy every second because they grow so fast. Gosh, she looks just like Brian! Aunt Kelli
ReplyDeleteok, i'm going to need more pictures. i need to see this adorable face more often!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletemiss you tons!