Well Maggie is officially losing all of her hair! She has a perfect ring in the back, just like old men get when they start going bald. We call her Old Man Baldie. She's still cute as a little button though, and still has a pretty good amount of hair. I just hope it doesn't all fall out!
We had a very fun weekend. Brian's Mom(Nana) came to stay with us this weekend. She kept Maggie on Friday while I went to work. Then Brian and I had a much needed date night Friday night. We went to the Purple Parrot to eat. I have never eaten redfish before and had the best meal there. Redfish is my new favorite food! Then we went to Mahogony to meet some friends.
We were determined to try church this Sunday. We have waited 3 months to do this, and I was a nervous wreck worried about how to do it. We got up 3 hours early to get ready. Gave Maggie a bath, dressed her in her cute white smocked church dress and her white knit sweater and little tights. We got ready and were out the door in plenty of time! She went to sleep on the way there, so we were thinking it would be easy breezy and she would sleep the whole time. We got to church and sat on the back row with my parents so we could have an easy escape if need be. The first time the organ played, she woke up and just looked around for about 10 minutes. But then started to make a few grunts and I knew she was about to get fussy. I took her out of her infant carrier and held her. She wasn't too interested in her paci, but wanted to just stand on my legs and look around the church. So we did this for a few minutes and then she started making noise. Not fussing, but I knew that was coming next. So we got all nervous and left church and went to peep in the nursery. Well there were only 3 little ones and one of the kids was screaming crying and I just could NOT leave Maggie in there. So...we sat outside the sanctuary on some nearby sofas and listened to the sermon there. Whew...our first church experience is over, and now we know what to expect for next time. It was good we did a trial run though...bc she is being baptized in 2 weeks.
She is learning to walk. It is so cute. She loves to stretch and try to walk around. She can actually put one foot in front of the other and walk for a few steps, but then she starts stepping on her clothes and falls over.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
olive oil
2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cans chicken broth
2 cups whole kernel corn, I use frozen
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
Saute onion and garlic in large pot in olive oil. Add chicken broth, tomatoes, and seasonings and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Then add corn, black beans, and chicken. Cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes. Serve with sour cream, mozzarella cheese, and tortilla chips.
I am going to try that soup.
ReplyDeleteI remember our first church experience too. We took Ford to the nursery and I convinced myself that the pager they gave me was broken. It wasn't!!! He loves to go now. It's hard letting other people keep our precious little ones.
Yay! Now we know what to expect! She looks so little and danty after looking at my chunck of a baby all day!
ReplyDelete