We have pretty much stayed in the entire weekend. Maggie's nose is still all stopped up and Brian and I have the crud as well. Since it was in the 20's this weekend...we decided it best to keep Maggie Moo inside to let her get well.
We also decided to try something new this weekend. Naps in the crib! See we have somewhat of a little problem...she only likes to take naps when someone is holding her or when she is in her bouncy seat. But it doesn't look like she will be in her bouncy seat for much longer, bc her legs are almost hanging off of it!! See my problem is, she goes right to sleep when I rock her or hold her but as soon as I set her down, UH OH! We would like to eventually transition from the bassinet to the crib at night, but taking baby steps as I am still not really ready to do this! So we decided this weekend was naps in the crib weekend. We have done pretty good. I usually have to stand over her crib for 30 min or so to put her paci back in her mouth several times, but eventually she falls asleep. She hasn't slept for more than 30 min in it, which is not her usual nap time, but I guess she is still getting used to it. Any suggestions? How did you get your babies to start sleeping in their crib?!
Another good recipe for this cold weather!
Chicken Pot Pie
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup squash, chopped
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
4 chicken breast, cooked and chopped
1/2 cup flour
1 can chicken broth
1 1/2 cup half and half
Refrigerator Pie Crust (I use Pillsbury in red box)
Saute onion, celery, carrots, & squash in 3/4 stick butter. Add bag of frozen veggies and cook for about 10 minutes until all veggies are soft. Add flour, chicken broth, and half and half. Should be a little soupy. Then add chicken and salt and pepper to taste. Put in greased 9x12 casserole dish. Roll out pie crust sprinkling a little flour over it. Place over mixture. Fold edges and crimp. Cut slits in top to allow steam to escape. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. **May need to cover edges with foil after 20 minutes to prevent browning** Let stand 10 minutes before eating.
Ok...I blogged the first paragraph this afternoon, and it is now 7:10 and I am just now getting back to it. Maggie slept in her crib for 3 hours today!! This is a major milestone. And when she woke up, she didn't cry or anything. She just lay there looking around smiling. I think she is liking her crib! We will attempt again every afternoon this week to nap in the crib! Making progress I think.
So we also have some really really good news!! We found someone to lease our condo in Memphis for 6 months, so that is going to help us out tremendously. God has answered our prayers!
So happy you got someone to lease your condo! I know that is a TREMENDOUS relief!!
ReplyDeleteAs for sleeping-Jackson didn't actually sleep through the night until he was between 4 and 5 months. As far as him sleeping in his crib-he started out from the beginning sleeping it. Sorry I'm not any help on that!
Read Babywise, it's WONDERFUL!! I followed the suggestions in there and Alec's been sleeping all night in his bed since he was tiny!!! Michelle McNair Robinson
ReplyDeleteHey girl! I found someone to lease mine for year too, starting last December! I am so glad...... I know you are too!-Lyndsey
ReplyDeleteI think you are doing great in transitioning her! Start with naps and then once she gets used to it decide on a night to start and put the bassinet away so that you don't use it as a crutch, GO MAGGIE!
ReplyDeleteShe just gets cuter and cuter, I love the hair!Good for you... you will rest much better when she is in her crib! They tell you not to rock them to sleep, but I do because I love it! I make sure she is good and out, and then about break my back putting her in there trying to leave her close to my body as long as possible! Works everytime. The first two nights, she woke up in the middle of the night and fussed, I turned off the montitor (hard to listen to) and set my alarm, when it went off she was asleep. The first night she fussed about 45 mins, the second about 15, and now she does not at all. I think you just have to be persistant b/c going back and forth confuses them! Good Luck! Keep us posted, it gets easier and easier I promise!
ReplyDeleteMaggie is absolutely PRECIOUS...she gives me baby fever!
ReplyDeleteI recommed the Baby Whisperer, it is a great book, not as rigid as baby wise. Very easy to do with your first child, as for the 2nd they just have to go with the flow! HA!