12.19.2010

Cookies for Santa

What kind of cookies will you leave for Santa?? I would love for you to share your recipes!! Brian told Maggie this week that Santa's favorite cookie was oatmeal raisin, and that he gets really tired of all the chocolate chip cookies he eats at everybody else's house, so we needed to make him something different this year. BLAHHHHHHH...who likes oatmeal raisin cookies?? I assured Maggie that Santa's favorite cookie is chocolate chip, and will always be chocolate chip, and that his second favorite is sugar cookies! :)

I have made these cookies 3 times this holiday season for different occasions, and they have not let me down once!! They are delicious! Of course, I changed the recipe up a bit bc I do not follow the rules and I hate to follow a recipe exactly. I will link the original recipe, then tell you how I changed it up. These would make a great cookie for Santa, unless of course his favorite cookie at your house is oatmeal raisin too!


I substitue the almond chips for heath bar crumbles. You can find them where you find the chocolate chips. You could use anything you like really!

Brian was supposed to be watching Maggie while I made these cookies today for a Christmas Party tonight. Well she came dashing in the kitchen and tee teed in the middle of the floor, then went dashing out. Luckily I had my camera handy and was able to snap a shot of her leaving...

I'm sure you all can relate.......


4 comments:

  1. Oh how I can relate!! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the Christmas card! I LOVED it!! I've got it on my fridge;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Look at those little legs go!

    Adam told me Santa really likes E. L. Fudge cookies and the white chocolate covered Oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute!

    We will be making cuttin' cookies, and I will let Kenadie go to town with the decorating.

    ReplyDelete