2.15.2012

2012 So Far...

January was a low key month adjusting to our new life with Miller. We celebrated Honey's birthday, and opened Christmas presents since we were in Jackson during Christmas. I love this picture of Honey and Maggie. There might even be a little resemblance?


In February, we celebrated my 30th birthday with some friends at Tabella! We enjoyed some much needed adult company and perhaps a few adult beverages!  I was pretty emotional about turning 30. I remember my mom's 30th birthday like it was just a few years ago, and that saddens me to think how fast life goes by. Is it possible that I'm really 30?! Wow...that's so young, yet so old. I don't want the next 30 to go by as fast as the last 30 just did. 
Miller is doing so well. He is smiling all the time. He weighs 10 lbs. 12 oz. He is wearing 3-6 month clothes. He is taking 4 oz. of formula every 3 hours. He is sleeping much better at night, sometimes 5-6 hours at a time. Hallelujah! His oxygen saturations are remaining in the mid 80's, which is good for him. He is taking his medicine like a champ. I guess that's all he has ever known so hopefully he won't give me fits about it like Maggie does!!!
I love this little boy to pieces, scar and all. He is such a blessing in our lives. So many good things have come out of our situation, but that deserves a blog by itself. You never know how strong you can be until life throws you something like this. I could worry all day long about him, believe me, there is lots to worry about. But I choose not to. I have completely put him in God's hands. For some reason, God chose ME to be his mother. I am forever grateful, honored, and humbled that I have this honor. He has already brought more joy to our family than I could ever imagine.

I love you little buddy.

I have to say what an incredible big sister Maggie is. We have kept her home from Mother's Morning Out since Miller has been home from the hospital. There have been so many viruses and things going around that we felt it best not to expose Maggie or Miller to them. So she has been cooped up in this house with me. She has been an angel. She has not acted out at all. I think she understands Miller is a special little boy. She treats him so tenderly, and loves and kisses on him all day long. She calls him little buddy. She picked that up from me. She wants to help me do everything. She is constantly bringing him his stuffed animals and setting them in his swing or bouncy seat. She also loves to cover him up with his blanket. I am just so thankful for this little girl, and the amount of joy that she is bringing me as well. I am amazed at how much she has grown up since all of this happened. She has the most nurturing spirit. Maybe she will be a nurse one day? Maybe on the cardiac floor? She uses her stethoscope to check Miller's heart several times a day. She understands so much more than I give her credit for.

She will be starting back to school next week. She needs it, and so do I. Please pray we are able to keep germs away from Miller and keep him well!

P.S.  It feels good to be blogging again!


5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post. Your babies are beautiful! And I'm so happy to hear everyone is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie and her stethescope made me smile so big, that is just too sweet. I also wanted to tell you that everything became the "new" calm and settled around 6 months. I woke up one day and said "OK, we are all going to be all right"! So happy all is well. Josie goes to Mothers Day Out at Temple and LOVES it, where is Maggie going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez! Tears are flowing! Love these sweet babies! Love, Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah...Maggie DOES resemble Honey!!

    Glad you're back.

    Miller is YOU made over!!! Love that little dude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE BACK BLOGGING TOO!! I missed your wonderful posts!! This one is too precious!! Maggie's outfit is adorable!! And these pictures of Miller are priceless.

    ReplyDelete