So I could act like supermom when I write this post, and tell you life with 2 is easy breezy, or I could be honest. I'm one diaper change away from checking myself into Pine Grove! Totally kidding...but I had no idea the difference in life with 1 and life with 2 kids!! I'm jotting these things down so I can go back and laugh at myself when I'm crying because my kids are going off to college.
I get no sleep. I mean none. If I'm not giving Miller a bottle, I'm putting his paci in his mouth, changing a diaper, or chasing Maggie out of our bedroom.
I reheat my coffee several times each morning. After about the 3rd time, it's just gross and I have to make another cup. And then I am full of guilt bc those dern Keurig pods are SO expensive!
I TRY to shower daily. I TRY to at least shower before Brian gets home. I find it perfectly normal now to shave one leg one day, and the other leg the next day. I never fully understood what a shower with no time limitations meant. All I have to do is lather shampoo in my hair and Miller knows it's time to have a scream fest.
I have never let Maggie watch this much TV in her life! Its horrible...but great!!
I have also never let her eat this many chicken nuggets in her life. Its just gross...but a time saver. This too shall pass Maggie Moo. Mommy will cook again one day.
If I had a dollar for every time I tried to put one of Miller's diapers on Maggie, I would be a millionaire.
If I had a dollar for every time Maggie wakes Miller up from sleeping, I would also be a millionaire.
I should have bought stock in Mylicon long ago. God knows I have given them hundreds of dollars! I have the gassiest babies alive!
My house looks like Hurricane Katrina came through. It's bad...I mean real bad.
My total "me" time comes from adding up all the times I went to pee during the day. Wait, I take that back. Maggie comes too so it isn't really "me" time.
I cannot...for the life of me...get both of them to nap at the same time. I spend the majority of Maggie's nap rocking Miller to sleep, only to have her wake up and immediately come wake him up too.
I have been trying to buy a new pair of running shoes for the last 2 weeks thinking I'm gonna start running. HA! I can't even find time to buy the shoes!! And we are talking on the internet...ridiculous.
Ok, I'll admit it. I had it easier when I was a working mom. All you moms with 3 or 4 kids, you're on medication. Don't lie. Or you wish you were. I'm totally kidding. This new job staying at home with my two kiddos is the best thing that has ever happened to me. The hardest...but the best. I wouldn't trade these chaotic days for anything else in the world. Today I got down on the floor with Miller and he smiled and cooed for an hour. And I played Dollhouse with Maggie and we read a ton of books. I am constantly amazed by her love for reading, and learning new things. We played dress up, and she used my kitchen towels for a princess skirt. It's these types of things that make it all worth while!
However, if you see me with my black stretch pants on, no make up, my hair looks like I stuck my finger in a light socket, SURELY you can relate. I bet your house is just as crazy as mine. Or crazier if your name is Amanda or Heather. hehe
2.10.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would be crazy with two babies to chase. I simply can't even fathom how Amanda and Heather manage it. Heck I'm crazy with just one.
ReplyDeleteYou are not alone Kimberly! I hear so many moms say this when they are adjusting to 2 kids!! Those moms who are all dressed up with their hair fixed dropping their 2 kids off at MMO or preschool...yea, they have to be on medicine! Get you some Spark & then you'll save $$ on coffee & won't have to re-heat;))
ReplyDeleteYou are doing a great job, I know!!! Yes, these are the days of our lives :) As far as the synchronized napping, 7 months was the magic number for us :) Cute, but very true post!!! When these crazy days are gone, I know we will look back and wish we still had them :)
ReplyDeleteThe leg shaving made me laugh!!! I am in for in when baby boy #2 comes in June. I keep telling peopel he can bake in there as long as he wants to because I know things will definitely change. Being a stay at home mom is tough but oh so rewarding (I did it for 8 months). Glad you're back to blogging. We missed you.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha!! Well, thanks for the shout out. I think you'll appreciate the shout out I just gave you at the end of mine ;)
ReplyDeleteI promise it gets better. It's really hard at first but it does fly by in a jiff! What sweet baby sounds!!
This is hilarious and made my night!! Ha!! I don't know how I am going to manage with two come Sept... and I will have to agree with you on a working Mom being easier. Drop that kiddo off, get your latte and make some calls. Oh, that was the life! I wouldn't trade being at home for the world, either though. But I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with hairy legs and oily hair! Love this post!!
ReplyDelete