4.07.2009

Heartbeat! Boy or Girl??

Well we went to the doctor yesterday to hear the heartbeat on her doppler. I am not due to go back for another month and she didn't want to wait that long to check the heartbeat. Everything sounded perfect, except the heartbeat was 165!! Four weeks ago the heartbeat was 121! All of the books say that if you have a slow heartbeat, anything under 140, then it is usually a boy(old wives tale I guess)! So Brian and I were sure it was a boy. All of the signs were leading up to boy. The books also say that no morning sickness means a boy, so between that and the slow heartbeat in the beginning, we were totally thinking it was a boy! HOWEVER, yesterday the heartbeat was racing at 165, which totally says its a girl! So now we don't know what to think, but the game of guessing is so fun!! I know the heartbeat probably is no indicator at all of the sex, but it is still exciting thinking it might be! My sister in law, Kelli, looked at a Chinese Gender Chart and it says we are also having a boy! Only 8 weeks til we know!

So we had a few boys names picked out, seeing as how we really thought it was a boy! I won't name them all, but Dylan has always been a name I loved. It was just an option, but this week my little sister got an adorable bulldog puppy and guess what she named him...DYLAN...spelled just like we wanted to. SO now I can't name our little boy after my sisters first puppy! Or can I...

Started thinking about girl names also. We are trying to use family names, but its been hard. Most of the good ones are already taken! My middle name is Jean and I was so glad when we got married to quickly change my middle name to Roberts. Sorry MOM! So we won't be using Jean. 

So basically, we have no names set yet, no clue what the sex is, and the excitement just keeps building with every doctor appointment! Being pregnant is so fun!!

I am feeling great. Energy is back, somewhat! I got up at 7:30 this morning, already watered all my flowers, cooked breakfast, and did some laundry so I would say I am feeling close to normal again! I am still not really showing. I just look like I had one too many chocolate chip cookies! 

4 comments:

  1. With Claire, I was convinced that she was a boy and bonded with her as a boy. Then...well, we all know that she is 100% girl and can't imagine it any different. With Ella, I just knew she was a girl. So, have fun guessing. When he/she finally reveals what they are...you won't be able to imagine it any other way. I can't wait to be an "Aunt Kelli"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to watch the change with each doc visit...I don't know about this. I immediately said boy first and now with this new heart rate, I'm thrown off. That chinese gender calendar was right with us also...boy??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Dylan is a great name! He'd be born with cool sideburns and could ride his trike to the Peach Pit for a sippy cup of milk.
    -- Uncle D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you have a blog so I can keep up with this new little bundle of joy that will make his/her appearance before long. I am so happy for both of you. Babies are certainly gifts from God. And grandchildren are Gods rewards for being a parent. I should know. I have 2 of the best.
    Claire and Ella's MIMI

    ReplyDelete