4.10.2009

Interviews, Maternity Clothes, and More!

So today I had my first (in person) job interview since I got laid off. I have had several phone interviews but those do not require you to wear a suit!  I get all dolled up, wanting to look pretty for my interview of course. And then comes the drama...I go to put on my trusty black suit, the one I always wear on my job interviews. Its a Banana Republic black solid suit, very classy! Except...the pants don't fit. Well I thought no big deal, I will just put on the black maternity pants that I bought a few weeks ago and haven't had the chance to wear yet. HEAVEN...maternity pants are heaven. Just this big piece of comfy elastic around your waist and nothing more! So I go through about thirty shirts before I finally find one that doesn't make me look pregnant. And I am feeling pretty good about myself! Take a look in the mirror...all is good. I print off my resume, get all the last details ready for the interview and go to put on my black suit jacket. It WILL NOT button for the life of me. I have always been able to button this jacket around my waist, and it just wouldn't budge! UGH! It was like all of a sudden today I woke up and there was this little bump...just staring at me letting me know I would not be able to wear any of my cute clothes for probably another year.  I guess its off to a maternity store now to buy some clothes!

On a good note, my interview went great. It was for insurance sales with Shelter Insurance Agency. Not exactly what I have experience in, but its a great job non the less. I have 2 pharmaceutical interviews coming up next week, and one interview for a marketing director. So...I am making progress at least! I feel like the economy is turning around because all of a sudden this week I received all 4 of these calls for interviews, so looks like companies are hiring again!

I have been feeling great still! I really can't complain at all! Brian has been wonderful in helping out around the house and with dinner, etc. I am taking photography classes every Tuesday night and am learning SO much! It is fascinating to me. I got a new camera this week, and am so excited. I think I am a professional now! I got a Canon Rebel XSI, one of Canon's new SLR cameras. Its my first SLR, and I am trying to learn how to shoot it manual, controlling shutter speeds and apertures, etc. I am a total beginner, but am having so much fun with it! By the time little Moore gets here, I will be a famous photographer!

I hope everyone has a great Easter weekend! We are staying around here. I am cooking lots of desserts. Brian gave up sweets for lent, and he has actually stuck with it. He is dying for something sweet though. He wants carrot cake, 7 layer dessert, banana pudding, and oatmeal raisin cookies on Sunday! He wants to make his Easter meal with only desserts. HA! And if I let him he would! 

No comments:

Post a Comment