3.29.2010

No Fear!!!


So I haven't updated you on our kickboxing lately! This is us with our "mean" face on. My mom is going to kill me for posting this. And yes...we have to wear our WHITE martial arts pants. NOT slimming at all, but it wasn't our choice on color. The "first timers" have to start with white pants, and once we complete one boot camp, we get to move up to Black! Its kind of like karate belts but you get pants. ha! So black will be much more slimming the next go round. Its going really well. We are getting more fit and stronger everytime. We are also learning some self defense, so don't mess with me! I am absolutely loving the class!

So on to Maggie! We had a fun weekend. Had some friends over for dinner Friday night. Saturday we took Maggie to Hubfest and strolled around. She loved looking at all the people. Daddy was worried about her the whole time. Whether she had enough clothes on, whether she was getting hot, whether the music was too loud, whether she was getting sunburned. You get my drift...the funny thing was, when we got home he was the only one sunburned! We got to hear Cary Hudson who I haven't heard in a few years, so that was fun stuff. Sunday we went to church and the little anglepie slept in my arms through the whole church service!

In our new outfit from Heather!

Sunday afternoon we did some yardwork. We picked weeds out of our beds for SEVERAL hours. It had gotten really bad. This coming weekend we look forward to planting some new things, including the hydrangea that I bought for Maggie's baptism weekend. We brought Maggie's exersaucer outside and she had a blast watching us work!

The cutest bottom on the block!


Maggie got her first 2 teeth in this week. She got her bottom left one on Tuesday, and then her right bottom one came in on Saturday. She didn't fuss much at all, and it was a smooth transition. My little baby isn't a baby anymore! The Easter Bunny is bringing her cereal so we are excited about trying that next weekend too!!

So weight watchers is going really good. I am learning some good tips and recipes at my meetings. My new favorite tip is how to make a lowfat cake. Did you know you can take a can of diet coke or diet sprite and mix with one box of cake mix and you have a delicious cake! You use diet coke for a dark cake, and diet sprite for a light cake. So here's my latest try on this.

Guilt Free Strawberry Cake
1 box strawberry cake mix
1 can diet sprite(I used sprite zero)
1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 carton fat free cool whip

Mix cake and diet sprite and bake according to package instructions. Then poke holes in cake with a straw and drizzle condensed milk all over it. Let cool, then ice with fat free cool whip. It was delicious!!! It was one of those cakes I had to throw out because I wanted to eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. For all you weight watchers people out there, 3 pts a piece. No matter what kind of cake you make! You could put fresh strawberries on top but I didn't have any!

4 comments:

  1. I love the picture! My mom would kill me too. It's all fun though! If I were still in the 'Burg I would join in the fun. They don't have that sort of stuff in Mayberry! Trey was looking at your blog the other night and said how cute Maggie was. He NEVER comments on the cuteness of children. She really is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just precious!!!! She has the prettiest smile :) Miss y'all! -Lyndsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still laughing at the pic of you and your mom!! Maggie looks so cute in her little dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had to let you know that I tried out this cake last night! It gets 2 thumbs up!!! We had my parents over for dinner last night and my mom is dieting and I am forever "watching" my weight :) Everyone loved it!

    ReplyDelete