So we are going through some difficult times right now, for both of us. Maggie is having separation issues really bad. She used to be so happy and would go to anyone and everyone, and now she cries when someone else holds her. Needless to say, she has not been getting good reports at school lately. They called twice last week to let me know that she had been crying non stop and that they thought something might be wrong with her. I left work early to pick her up and she was happy-go-lucky Maggie all afternoon with me. This has been going on for about 3 weeks now, and she just isn't acting like she used to around other people. She is crying more and more, and that is the last thing I want to hear when I pick her up from school. It makes it SOOOO hard to drop her off there everyday, and SOOO hard to concentrate on my work when all I can think about is Maggie. We got a great report at her check up last week, so I know nothing is bothering her. She may be getting more teeth in, but she isn't crying like that with me or Brian, so we figure it is separation issues. Either we are going to get past this stage quickly or I will soon be a stay at home mom. It is killing me. It also makes me SUPER nervous to leave her overnight. Brian and I have a New Orleans trip planned in May(1 night), and a St. Louis trip in June(2 nights). I hope we have this issue worked out by then, otherwise both grandmothers won't be getting much sleep when they babysit!!!
On a higher note, we did her 6 month pictures with my sister this past weekend. My sister does photography on the side when she is not working her 9-5. She is even doing some weddings now and her pictures are fantastic! Here are a few of my favorites!





This past weekend Brian and I worked hard in the yard. We dug up some old bushes and planted new ones. We planted Pink Fermosas(azaleas), Indian Hawthorn, Japanese Boxwood, and a Japanese Magnolia(my favorite). We also got all the flower pots looking good with some spring flowers! It was so nice to have a weekend where we had no plans and we could relax and get some things done around the house. I also am very excited to have an herb garden. Well more like 3 herb pots. I am growing rosemary, lemon basil, sweet basil, dill, thyme, greek oregano, chocolate mint, and parsley. I have already used several of them and they taste amazing. But the smell is what I really LOVE!

I love me some Dr. Oz. He occasionally has some really good recipes on there. My mom tried this one and told me it was really good. So we decided to make it last week and have made it twice since then. Its easy, tasty, and very healthy!!
Lemon Asparagus Chicken
Ingredients
4 (4-oz each) skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red bell pepper, stem removed, seeded, and diced
1/2 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 cups cooked brown rice
Directions
Rinse the chicken under cold water. Season the chicken with the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
In a large, non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet. Cook the chicken about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Stir in the garlic and the red pepper. Add the asparagus and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the zest and the chicken broth and turn the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Serve immediately over hot rice.
I hope it passes quickly for you-it does sound like separation anxiety. Jackson didn't really go through that; I guess because I was with him all the time and he was glad to see a different face ;) Cute pics of Maggie!
ReplyDelete