12.11.2012

Red Wagon First Birthday!

I remember having dreams when I was pregnant with Miller that something was wrong. In my dreams, I never knew what was wrong with him, but it always ended up being ok in the end.  I thought the dreams were just the aftermath of the previous miscarriage.  Even after Miller was born, and they told me he scored a 9/9 on his Apgar test, that uneasy feeling that something was wrong did not go away. I think early on God was preparing my heart for what was to come.

You cannot even imagine what a milestone his first birthday was to us. I remember sitting beside his hospital bed in the ICU, and the numerous doctors and nurses telling us this first year would be the hardest. We knew there were multiple surgeries, possibly multiple complications, hospital stays, sickness, trouble feeding, trouble growing, the list went on and on. The doctors kept telling us to just take it one day at a time and get through this first year. I remember Brian and I talking about how joyous his first birthday would be. We dreamed of having this big huge celebration, and having a healthy baby boy to show off.

On this day, his birthday, we had more than we ever dreamed of. All of those things that were supposed to happen, never did. He ate good, he grew good, he met all milestones, and with very little complications! This year has been the hardest year of my life, but the very best yet. I am telling you...God knew exactly what he was doing when he prepared this amazing journey for us. 

We celebrated with good friends and family and it was exactly what we dreamed about. It was an incredibly special day. I can't believe we have made it to this day, and I can't help but give every.single.bit of the glory to GOD. We chose a red wagon theme for several reasons. First, when he was released from the ICU and taken to the 5th floor to recover, they wheeled him up there in a red wagon. I have a picture of him with his little scar showing and he is smiling ear to ear, just full of joy. It is by far one of my favorite pictures of him. Second, we go on a red wagon ride almost every day and it is our special time. He loves it!

Praise God for our healthy Miller Man!! Happy First Birthday baby boy. Here's to many many more!!























I got this little wagon as part of his bday present, and put all of his toys and gifts inside. I figured he could pull all of his toys around in it. WRONG. He climbs inside every time and screams until someone pulls him really fast around the house!




3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Miller! So happy his first year has gone so well! He's a cutie for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to sweet Miller! This party was adorable, you amaze me! The colors, cake, treat bags and his outfit are precious, perfect for a baby boy! We love you Miller Moore, we are so thankful for you and joy you bring to everyone you meet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, sweet boy!! Everything was perfect, Kimberly!!

    ReplyDelete