4.27.2009
Gender Prediction Test
Its true! They just came out with a gender prediction test, called the intelligender. We saw it on the news, then went to Walgreens. They sell it now! It has only been out for 3 weeks. It is a take home test that tells you the sex of your baby after 10 weeks. It works just like a pregnancy test picking up certain hormones in either a boy or a girl. The test tube turns blue or pink after ten minutes. We went to Walgreens and debated and debated over whether or not to buy it. Brian wanted to really bad. I just am still not sold on this product. It says in the fine print that the test was 90% accurate in clinical trials. Well that is a good ratio I guess, but I am still apprehensive about it. I guess I just always pictured us going to the doctor and seeing the ultrasound to find out the sex. Needless to say...we didn't buy the test. I talked Brian out of it. We are going to sit on it for a little while and think about it. Are we crazy? We could be 90% sure right now of the sex of our baby. We could go ahead and pick out names. We could start thinking about the nursery. AGH! I don't know what to do. I have a doc apt next Monday and I am going to ask her what she thinks about these test. The lady at Walgreens told us they sell out usually the day they get the test in, and have been ordering them like crazy. Technology is changing so fast! What will be next? Anyway...any thoughts? Should we take the test! Agh...and if we do, should we tell other people? What if it isn't right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You can always do it just for fun and not put much stock into it. I would have gotten one if they had them when I was pregnant. I just wouldn't start decorating a nursery with the results. If you want to do it just for fun, I say go ahead! Kelli
ReplyDeleteIf the test is 90% accurate, I say buy two of 'em...then you'll be 180% sure. --Uncle D
ReplyDeleteI say do it just for the science experiment...take and see if it was right! I like the 180% accuracy, great point!! Amanda P.
ReplyDelete