4.05.2009

Man's Best Friend



I couldn't create a blog without writing a little something about my first baby, Sadie Suzanne Moore.  She is the most fun-loving and loyal yellow lab. I got her when she was 5 weeks old, when I was a sophomore in college. She is almost 7 now, where have the years gone?  

We kept Amanda's dog last night, Charlie or "Char Char." He is so sweet and such a good puppy, and reminded me of little Sadie when she was that age. I just love puppies and have such a soft heart for them. We gave Charlie a pair of Brian's old socks to chew on all night, and he had a grand ol time! Thinking back on all the years I have had with Sadie, I look forward to all the memories those twins are going to have with Char Char.  He will hold such a special place in their heart when they get older. Nobody ever forgets their first puppy!!!

Can a dog really be a man's best friend? I think so sometimes! Sadie has been there for me through boyfriends and breakups, changing apartments and jobs. She was the first thing I hugged when I found out my grandfather passed away. She was the first thing I hugged when I lost my best friend in a car wreck.  After Brian proposed to me, we went back to my house to tell Sadie the good news:) Sadie was there when I got my first job offer, and even when I got laid off from work. She was there the day that first pregnancy test said positive and I went running around the house screaming.  There is a list of memories shared with Sadie, ones that only a best friend would be around for.

If you haven't seen the movie, Marley and Me, go see it. If you are an animal lover that is. It is wonderful! I will leave you with my favorite quote from the book.

"A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class, but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his. It is really quite simple, and yet we as humans, so much wiser and more sophisticated, have always had trouble figuring out what really counts and what doesn't." 



1 comment:

  1. Well, you brought tears! OK, I'm softie for dogs, as you know. Keep up the great blogging! Love you!

    ReplyDelete