7.07.2009

Happy Independence Day!!

We had a wonderful 4th! Hope everyone else did as well. Friday I was off work so I layed out at my parents pool all day and relaxed. Little did I realize how sensitive my skin is now. Whoopsie!! I am fried!! And still hurting from it! Brian had to work of course, but I enjoyed a nice quite relaxing day on my raft at the pool. And I enjoyed a blue bubblegum snow cone as well. I think I am the only adult that still gets blue bubblegum, but its my fave. I feel like a 6 yr old when I order it though!

I'm going to take a minute to brag on my wonderful husband. He is a part of the Pinebelt Leadership group, chosen by several businesses around Hattiesburg. They had to plan this big 4th of July event for downtown Hattiesburg, and there was only 6 of them planning the event. It was focused around family, and had all sorts of stuff for the kids to get into to. They also had a laser light show at the end where they flew a guy from California to do it. Anyway...the event was huge success. More than 500 people came, and the Downtown association now says they are going to make the event into a yearly thing!



I feel like I have so much to blog about! So check out my new fake bling!! Living in the good ol bible belt, everyone that notices my pregnant belly seems to immediate look at my ring finger to see if I am married. I promise I have caught several people doing this!! And of course my real rings don't fit anymore, so I upgraded my diamond a couple karats and bought this fake bling! Seems to do the trick!



Brian felt his first kick last night. He was so excited!! He left his hand on my belly all night trying to feel another one! She starts really kicking first thing in the morning, and it last for about an hour after I wake up, but Brian is usually gone by then. She doesn't kick a whole lot at night. Guess she is already sleeping!

So the nursery is coming along nicely! We bought a 5 drawer tall chest and a crib finally. Just waiting on the crib to come in! All of the furniture is white. The bedding is getting made now, and I am having some drapes made as well. I picked up a few paint samples and we will try them on the wall this weekend to see which one to go with, and hopefully paint the nursery soon! Maggie will be here in 15 weeks! Crazy!! We absolutely cannot wait!! I already have a closet full of cute little clothes for her, and I have not bought any of them!

1 comment:

  1. When I was 36 weeks pregnant, my ring wouldn't fit anymore so Adam bought me a gold wedding band to wear. And you are so right! People check out your ringer finger. Glad Brian got to feel a kick!!

    ReplyDelete