Is anyone else becoming their mother? Ever since I became a mother, I find myself saying things my mom would say, or doing things my mom would do. Every time I get my voice in a really high pitch to talk baby talk with Maggie, I realize I sound just like my mother!! And I even say the same things to Maggie that she would say. My friends used to always laugh when they would call my house, bc my mom would answer the phone in a voice one octave higher than usual, and now I find myself doing that!!! Every time I go to cook a recipe, low and behold it is usually my mothers. I find myself even buying the same things at the grocery store that she always bought growing up. I was shopping in Dillards this past weekend, not looking for anything in particular. I was casually looking around and noticed there was no one under 50 in the section I was in. Did Dillards rearrange their sections? NO!!! I was just shopping in the section my mom always shops in, the one with Eileen Fisher stuff. My goodness, somebody stop me. I am not 50 yet! And then I went over to the shoes and I passed all of these great looking high heels, and a year ago I would have walked out with 3 new pairs. But what did I look for today...comfort! So I tried on some Born and Clarkes. MY MOTHER again!! You see the pattern here. And although I am joking around and acting like its a bad thing or something, I cannot think of anyone else in this world I would rather turn into, so if I am my mother when I am 50, then I will know I have succeeded as a mother.

I talked my mom into doing a Body Boot Camp class with me. It started two weeks ago, and we go 3 times a week. It is at a Karate place here in Hattiesburg, and we even have our own karate outfits. It's pretty funny. I need to post a picture. We go twice a week for kickboxing and work outs on punching bags, and we go once a week for pilates and core training. Neither one of us ended up in the hospital the first week, so that's a plus! We are doing pretty darn good I must say! Next time you see me you might mistake me for Jessica Simpson:)
We also had Carolyn's bridal shower this past Saturday. It was so wonderful to visit with my good good friends from highschool. I love how months and sometimes years can pass, but as soon as you see them its like you haven't missed a day. I love the comfort of old friends. The shower was at Brett Favre's house, which was so beautiful. Her wedding is next weekend so I look forward to another fun weekend with old friends!

Maggie had a father daughter day with Brian on Saturday, since I was gone practically the whole day. He loved it!! I got the video camera out last night and recorded her laugh, but of course I have no idea how to post it on here. It is the best sound in the world. I used to say 3 months was my favorite age, bc she had started smiling and could start entertaining herself at this point. But 4 is definitely my favorite now. She is so alert and I can tell her little brain is constantly taking in the environment around her and learning new things every second. I'm sure I will say 5 months is my favorite age when we get there. I guess every thing to do with Maggie is my favorite! She has almost lost all of that dark hair she had when she was born. She has this one combover patch on the top, so she no longer has old man baldie ring in the back, but it is now old man combover in the front.


you made me laugh and cry! great post!
ReplyDeleteShe made me laugh and cry, too, and I AM her mother! =) Kimberly, you are much more "together" than I was with you as a 4 month old. You are a great mom and I am SO proud of you!! Love, mom
ReplyDelete