6.19.2010

Food Travels

Brian and I had a fabulous time in Memphis and St. Louis. We started off the trip with some shopping in Memphis. I got Maggie lots of cute outfits from Macy's. Oh how I miss Macy's!!! I was so excited to do some shopping for myself, having lost most of the baby weight, however, it is WAY more fun to shop for Maggie, so I did that instead. That night we had a drink at the Corner Bar, so we could see Vanessa. Little did I know it would be the last time I saw her before she was engaged!!!



Then we had a sushi appetizer at Blue Fin, our favorite sushi restaurant of all time! And later that evening we had dinner at Mesquite Chop House, probably our all time favorite restaurant in Memphis. There are 2 very good reason we love this restaurant...

the blue cheese stuffed fillet

and the carrot cake. not 3, not 4, not 5, but 6 layers of carrot cake with cream cheese icing. now that's just showing off.



We spent the night at the Madison hotel where we got engaged on the rooftop, and reminisced all night about the dates we used to take in Memphis, the engagement night, living downtown, etc. It was so fun and a much needed get away for just us two! That morning we met his sister Kelli and her husband Dean and drove to St. Louis for Dave that night!! The concert was fabulous, and we had a great time!! We always have a good time with anything that we do with Kelli and Dean though!! The drive home Thursday was long and tiring, and I was about to have a panic attack to see Maggie, but we made it and I have her back in my arms tightly!!!

By the way...she did fabulous at YaYa and Pop's house(my parents). I don't think they wanted her to leave. She has become a little cuddle bunny and loves to hug and kiss.

Lots of pics of Maggie to come in my next blog!

1 comment:

  1. Um, that fillet looks unbelieveable...so does the carrot cake! Sounds like a really good time:)

    ReplyDelete