Well remember I told you we were going to have a very relaxing weekend? Well nothing says relaxing about a 7 month old with a continuing ear infection that WILL not go away! Needless to say...Brian and I are running on VERY little sleep from the weekend. And poor Mags, her little ears just won't get better.
This is how she chillaxes in the morning watching her Einstein shows...

Saturday we went out to my parents house for some fun in the sun. This was Maggie's first dip in the pool. She was pretty indifferent about it. I thought she would splash around and have a great time, like she does in the bathtub, but she just wasn't feeling too well I guess.






Of course, Memorial Day it rained all day so we couldn't do all the yardwork we had planned on doing. However, we made some delicious Shish Kabobs that night out of Country Living Magazine. This recipe is definitely worth sharing.
Marinated Steak Kebabs
1 cup red wine
1/2 cup peanut oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 Tb. chopped fresh parsley
2 Tb. dry mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb. filet or beef tenderloin
2 yellow bell peppers
1 red onion
8 cherry tomatoes
1 pack button mushrooms
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together first 7 ingredients for marinade. Cut vegetables & meat in bite size pieces and marinate in the first mixture for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
2. Heat grill to high. Alternately thread meat and veggies on metal skewers.
3. Cook for 6 minutes for medium rare, 8 min for medium. Turning and basting with more marinade half way through.
Enjoy!!
P.S. I typed this blog on Tuesday but just now remembered to post!!
Love Maggie's watermelon bubble!!! Kenadie had a few that were that style and they were my favorite! Enjoy them while you can... they stop at 24 months :( Well, I take that back, we have a couple now, they're just not near as cute as they were when she was a baby :( and they big time interfere with going to the potty. Hope Maggie is feeling all better from getting tubes!
ReplyDelete