10.14.2010

Baby Story Part 1

OK...so I really enjoyed reading all of your first baby stories, so here goes mine...

This day last year, I checked into the hospital to have my little baby girl.

I had a relaxing morning. I cooked myself an omelette, drank my coffee, watched the today show, and probably played on facebook all morning. I was already off work at this point, but my due date wasn't until Oct. 28th. I had been to my 38 week appointment earlier in the week, and my blood pressure had been a little high, but I didn't think anything of it. But on this day, around noon, Dr. Kot personally called me. She said to pack my bags, go check into the hospital, that I was having a baby very soon! Turns out the results of my urinalysis and blood work had come back and I had developed preeclampsia at 38 weeks.

I called Brian and told him to get home ASAP and pack his bags to take me to the hospital. I called everyone that needed to know, and calmly took a shower, shaved my legs, straightened my hair, and put on make up. I figured it would be the last time I felt clean for a really long time! Brian got home and was much more frantic than I was. I remember he was very concerned about what kind of clothes he needed to pack. Luckily, the car seat was already in my car and I already had Maggie's bags packed. I did this weeks before!

Off we went to check into the hospital. Got there around 4. I made Brian stop at Wendys on the way there bc I was scared they weren't going to feed me for 3 days(I was right!). I got a junior bacon cheeseburger, chicken nuggets, and a sweet tea! I made Brian sneak my tea into the hospital bc for some reason I was scared they were going to make me throw it away. We got all checked in, settled into our room, hooked up to all the annoying machines, and the nurses told me the doctor would be in at 5am the next day to induce me.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment