Ok...This day started off just like the day before. Contractions started slowly, then got stronger and closer together. I spent up until 2 pm in labor again, refusing an epidural with NOTHING happening. Maggie is stubborn just like her mamma. So about 2:30pm, when the doctor came in to check on me I threw in the towel. I just couldn't do it any longer! I will spare you the details of this day. There were contractions, crying, tears, and major crankiness...but after 3 days of being in the hospital, 2 failed inductions, 48 hrs of labor with NO food, and one horrible c-section later...I got the most precious gift in the world!!!!! People always told me it would all be worth it...but I don't think you know just HOW worth it it will be until you feel your heart overflow with joy the first time you look into the eyes of your little baby. She was 7 lbs of perfection and I couldn't take my eyes off of her!!
getting ready for surgery...nervous daddy, anxious and ready mamma

and 5 minutes later...meeting my daughter for the very first time. I still remember exactly what her first scream sounded like and the tears streaming from my eyes and love pouring out of my heart

smiling already
I never imagined in my wildest dreams motherhood would be this incredible and rewarding. I also never imagined a constant happiness and joy that took over our house and family the day Maggie Moore arrived! This truly is God's greatest gift...and to think that he loves me and you even more than I love Maggie. I cannot fathom it.
Happy First Birthday baby girl!!! We love you more than you will ever know!!














Loved reading these!! Happy Birthday Maggie!!
ReplyDeleteHappy bday, Maggie Moo!
ReplyDeleteI will never forget that special day, we love you sweet Margaret Grace, Happy First Birthday!
ReplyDeleteSuch a good story. I got teary eyed reading that!
ReplyDeleteI loved reading this. I have tears in my eyes:)
ReplyDelete