5.23.2009

Rainy Saturday Morning Thoughts

It's Saturday morning and Brian just made me an awesome breakfast. Eggs, biscuits, sausage, & fruit. Great job B!! He takes such good care of me. I am supposed to start studying right about now, but blogging is so much more fun. I figure I need to blog all I can because after October, the blogs may be few and far between. 

I can't quit thinking about our little girl Moore, and how we can't wait to meet her. Will she be tall like Brian and have brown hair, but my facial features? Will she have Brian's facial features but my blonde hair? Or...will she look just like her mamma?! Will she be bossy and opinionated like her mamma? Or laid back and quiet like her Dad? I can't wait to find out. I just hope she gets Brian's metabolism. That's all I'm hoping for, and the rest will be perfect!! I was thinking this morning how glad I am that Brian and I moved back to Hattiesburg, and that we get to be around our family and friends to share our many blessings.  I was also thinking how great it is to raise a girl in the South to be a Southern Belle! 

Top 20 Reasons I Dig Being a Southern Belle!
1. Handwritten Thank-you notes
2. Saying the blessing before each meal
3. Beautiful Gardens
4. Deviled eggs on pretty plates
5. Lazy Susans (which my Dad just built us an awesome one for our kitchen table)
6. Coca Cola in glass bottles
7. Southern Living Magazine 
8. Big Front Porches with rocking chairs
9. Grandmothers Stories, Advice, and Unconditional Love
10. Easter Dresses
11. Football Season
12. Singing Hymns at Church
13. Beer- yes, I'm a beer drinking Southern Belle. Is that possible?
14. Back Road Riding
15. Lazy Lake Days
16. Blazin hot Summers
17. Barefoot children at church
18. Family Reunions, just the fact that everything is planned around family. I love it!!
19. Farmers Markets- homegrown tomatoes!!
20. Yes Ma'm and No Ma'm 

I have been feeling better than usual lately. I am still getting sick every morning, but after my "morning hurl" as Brian calls it, I usually feel better the rest of the day. 

My Top Cravings
1. Peanut Butter- on anything and everything
2. TCBY- just plain nilla yogurt. THE BEST!
3. String Cheese
4. Skittles- red or purple bag only

My Top Disgusts
1. Meat- especially steak or chicken
2. Chocolate Milk- I threw it up last week and might never drink it again!!
3. White Milk for now- but it comes and goes

What I love about being pregnant
1. Bringing this beautiful little baby girl into this world 
2. Picking out nursery stuff and acting like an interior designer
3. Looking at little girl clothes
4. The new emotions
5. Brian helping me around the house.
6. Brian in charge of dinner!
7. Ultrasounds:)
8. Laying in Bed and reading pregnancy books
9. A good reason to just want to relax
10. A reason to eat more! Its for the baby's health, right?!!

The Not-So-Great Things about being pregnant
1. The constant gag reflex
2. The disgust with almost all smells 
3. The morning hurl
4. The irrational/emotional thoughts
5. The heartburn
6. The total lack of energy
7. The forgetfulness
8. Not being able to find maternity business suits for work- very frustrating!
9. Getting on the scale at those monthly appointments- Ugh!
10. The baby isn't growing in my arms and legs so why are they getting bigger too?!!!!

18 Weeks- Before Dinner last night w/ friends at the Hibachi Grill


2 comments:

  1. You look so cute! I have to confess...I've already started baby girl Moore a wardrobe :) You knew I was going to do that anyway. I just couldn't help myself. As for the forgetfulness, I swear I still have "pregnancy brain". I hope you start feeling better soon, but I'm glad Brian is taking such good care of you. You better milk that for all it's worth :)
    Two more things about being a Southern Belle: Drinking beer in the woods by a bonfire and mud-riding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this post!! da mamma

    ReplyDelete