10.29.2010
Sad News
I'm sure you are all wondering why I didn't post the sex on Monday. We got some very sad news during our ultrasound. Our baby had developed a fetal omphalocele, and there was no heartbeat. This is a condition where the intestines and organs grow outside of the stomach bc the stomach did not fully close around them. It is very rare and occurs about 1 in every 10,000 babies. Baby Moore was born on October 25, 2010 weighing 1.7 oz and measuring 5.5 inches. It was the saddest day of our life, but yet Brian and I both find peace in knowing our baby is in the most amazing place with our creator. And these years here on earth will seem like a tiny glimpse compared to an eternity in heaven with all of our family members. We can't wait to meet her one day. Yes...the doctor was pretty sure it was a girl. Unfortunately, she had quit developing around 15 weeks so it was hard for them to tell. My dear friends, prayers our needed for our family. We have faith in the lord, and know with his love and grace we will get through anything. However, that doesn't change the fact that it hurts terribly bad. I know in my heart that all of this happened for a reason, and now I have a whole new outlook on children. They truly are a MIRACLE from God and God alone. Friends, grab your babies and hold them extra tight today. And thank GOD for the most precious gift on earth. I know I have been. It's hard not to be anything but thankful right now with my sweet Maggie smiling at me all day long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh so very sorry...thinking about you and your family. ...Claire
ReplyDeleteOh Kimberly, I am so so sorry. I cannot begin to know what yall are going through, but I know God will strengthen yall so much through this. I will be praying for your family.
ReplyDeleteKimberly, I am so so sad to read this news...I am so sorry. Joey and I will be praying for you, Brian and Maggie..
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear this! I had gotten worried when I didn't hear all week and called Dana this morning to check on you. We'll be praying for yall!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so level-headed and strong, this won't be easy but know that you have a friend by your side to talk to at ANYTIME. I have been in this sad place too and although our circumstances are not the exact same I do know that it will get easier every single day. We love you and Brian and Maggie so much. You are so brave and this was so well-written, I am proud of you!
ReplyDeleteI am so proud of her too, Amanda! It helps my heart heal knowing my daughter is full of such strength and faith. And also that she has a godly man by her side. I love my Moore family, and I love their supportive friends... one of life's richest blessings!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry Kimberly, this brought tears to my eyes. Keeping all of you in my prayers. Stay strong!
ReplyDeleteKimberly, I am so very sorry to hear this sad news. Please know that I am and will continue to pray for you and your family. May God give you the strength you need to get you through.
ReplyDeleteWe're praying for all of you. You know I'm always here if you need something. Love you, Brian and Maggie so much.
ReplyDeleteI am so very sorry to hear this Kimberly. I cannot imagine how hard this is for you. You and Brian are in my prayers. Keep staying strong and let me know if you need anything.
ReplyDeleteKimberly! I am so sorry to hear this...i am just now catching up on blogs and what not. So sorry and hope you are doing ok. -Lyndsey Wade
ReplyDelete