First of all, Brian knows how much I love a road trip! He also knows how much I love live music! I have been saying for over a year now that I miss going to concerts like we used to. I just never had the energy for a road trip when I was pregnant. Brian never ceases to surprise me. When he puts his mind to it, he can be quite creative. For Valentines Day, he gave me a bunch of photos tied together with a ribbon. The first one was of the Memphis bridge, the second one the Madison hotel in Memphis. The third was the arch in St. Louis and the last was a picture of Dave Matthews. I really had no idea where he was going with this gift, until I opened up the card and it explained our road trip! In June, we are going up to Memphis to shop and spend the night at the Madison hotel downtown, which is the hotel we got engaged at! We are going out to eat at our favorite restaurant there, Mesquite Chop House. And I am so excited about doing some shopping. I complain all the time about the shopping in Hattiesburg. You can only buy so much from Target and Belk!! Then, the next day we are meeting his sister and her husband to head for St. Louis to see Dave!! I am so excited about this mini little get-a-away, however, I am also very nervous! I have never left Maggie overnight, and this will be for 2 nights. I have 4 months to prepare, and she will be 8 months by then. I know she will do fine! It's me I'm worried about! We are going to have to do a trial run or two before then and let her stay over at YaYa and Pops for practice!
YaYa and Pop came over today to give Maggie her Valentines Day present! A cute little hat for next winter!


No comments:
Post a Comment