This past weekend was a very busy weekend! On Saturday, we had Maggie's coming out party! My mom, Mrs. Julie Norman and Mrs. Dana Howard threw a sip and see at my moms house. It was so much fun to get to see everyone and to show off little Maggie! Maggie was SOOO good! She was passed around and let everyone hold her and she didn't make a peep, even slept through some of the party. We really enjoyed it!



I apparently did not get the memo to wear black!






On Sunday, we had Maggie baptized at the Methodist church that I grew up in. It was a very special day to remember. She was an angel through her baptism, and slept the whole time!! She woke up later in the service to say a few words and daddy had to take her out. Afterwards, we had everyone over to our house for lunch and cake.




I have always been able to put her in her trusty bouncy seat. She loves it! So Sunday I sat her in it while I was putting away her gifts in her room.

I tried strapping her in but she didn't like that either. So I decided to lay her in her boppy. She usually likes that and its a good place to fall asleep. Not anymore!!




So, we settled for the exersaucer. This is our first time in it and she loves it! I cannot believe she is big enough to play in it, but apparently she is. Plus I am out of other options right now!


We also started daycare this week. She has been only a total of a few hours so far. I am taking her just a couple of hours in the morning to get her used to things, then we will start full days next week. Its going ok...the daycare is great. Actually...I'm going to refer to it as "school" from now on. I like to think of it as just starting her education really early! Everyone at school has been great, and the first day she was there they said she smiled for most of the time. I had a really hard time pulling out of the parking lot that first day. Its the most unnatural feeling in the world to leave your child for someone else to take care of her, love on her, and tend to her. I know its not going to get easier, but I will get used to it, and so will she. Eventually, I know she will enjoy it, and I will enjoy the "adult" time. Katie, we are in cute little Josie's class!! They can be best friends!
Oh yeah...my birthday is tomorrow!! YAY!



Happy Early Birthday! I had such a good weekend spending time with you guys (especially Maggie)! So much has gone on just since I left! Wow! You are going to be one busy mom!! Love you guys, Aunt Kelli
ReplyDeleteMaggie is so stinkin cute I cannot get over it! I hate after all the hard work we go through... they turn out to look just like their daddy =) I saw her crib when I picked up Josie yesterday and was very excited to she was in her class! Josie is one of the old women in that class! It will get easier dropping her off, I feel like they always keep me up to date with what she does day to day and that helps alot. Of course no one can do it like mama, but I am trying to get over that!
ReplyDeleteWhat a little wiggle worm! I LOVE these pictures. It is so much fun to watch her grow.
ReplyDeleteI promise day care/school gets better. Ford goes to a lady's house and I thought I would panic leaving him there. I cried. He likes it now. It will take you both about a week and then you will feel much better.
ReplyDelete